Tuckston UMC is looking for a passionate children’s director to lead our children’s ministry. Reports to Senior Pastor. Position Mission is to provide leadership and spiritual guidance to children, families, and volunteers in children’s ministry at Tuckston UMC in order to make strong followers of Jesus Christ to be sent into the world to serve others. Tuckston UMC Mission: Love God, Love People in order to make disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
♦ Lead and facilitate the development of a comprehensive discipleship program for Children’s Ministry: including developing a strategic plan and enlisting volunteers for execution, mentoring, developing volunteers as well as interns in children’s ministry as well as in leadership
▪ Weekly responsibilities include supervising the nursery and children’s programming, communicating with the volunteers and families, leading programs and /or children’s council meetings, communicating with Sunday school teachers and volunteers, helping oversee children’s program meetings, being a liaison between the families and the rest of the church staff.
▪ Sunday morning responsibilities; overseeing and monitoring the nursery and children’s Sunday school classes, children’s church and serving as a substitute children’s Sunday school teacher.
▪ Other responsibilities include overseeing other aspects of Programming for children’s ministry including organizing Wed. night activities, facilitating weekly events for children, serving as point person for special events including Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival and helping with implementation of the overall children’s ministry programming. Also initiating and compiling background checks and safe sanctuaries training when applicable.
♦ Responsible for integration of children’s ministry program with church wide ministry
- active participant with the Senior pastor, ministry team, preschool team, leadership team and Church council Also responsible for coordinating children’s teaching moments in traditional worship service.
♦ Responsible for Visitor/Pastoral care associated with Children Ministry
- including but not limited to house calls, hospital visits, school visits, etc. for the purpose of mentoring, nurturing children and families and volunteers, developing leadership
▪ Oversee technical application of resources for children’s ministry
▪ Train staff on technology available for children’s ministry
Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications
Required: B.S. in early childhood education or M.T.S. or equivalent. 3-5 years of Children Ministry experience. A strong sense of call and passion for ministry with children. Spiritual Maturity. Computer and technology skills. Strategic thinker with strong oral and written communication skills. A team player, organizer and self-starter. Produce results with minimum supervision and guidance. Some budgetary experience. Excellent Mentor with the ability to develop interns and volunteers. Demonstrate character, core values and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to embrace the mission and vision of Tuckston United Methodist Church.
Desired: Leadership training. Strong administrative skills. Established relationships with other children’s ministry programs within the Methodist Denomination as well as the community.
Position: Director of Music Ministries, Greensboro First United Methodist Church, Greensboro, GA
Please apply via email to MMorgan@fumcgreensboro.org
Reports to: Senior Pastor and SPRC
Job Description: The Director of Music Ministries is a full-time position and responsibilities are directed at creating a dynamic, multi-faceted music ministry at Greensboro First United Methodist Church, one church, two campuses. The director of music ministries must be a devoted believer and follower of Jesus Christ who chooses to serve God through music ministries.
1. Knowledge, training and experience in music ministry and in leadership roles.
2. Energy and enthusiasm in leading joyful worship in traditional and praise styles.
3. Education, experience and proficiency in conducting large and small choral groups of adults and children, bell choir and instrumental musicians.
4. Experience in planning and conducting seasonal music such as cantatas, concerts or other special music.
5. Effective skills in planning, coordinating, communicating, and administration.
6. Proficiency in singing, keyboard and/or other musical instruments.
1. Creating a spiritual environment of worship through music.
2. Providing excellent leadership in all aspects of music ministry.
3. Understands and implements team style approach with other church staff members, supervisory or administrative and leaders of the church.
4. Participating in planning and coordinating the calendar of music presentations at Sundayservices and special and seasonal events.
5. Selecting and offering music with coordination and approval of the pastors and the Music Committee.
6. Establish programing for church children and youth such as choirs, music opportunities or music summer camps.
7. Scheduling of choirs, pianists, and other musicians at both campuses.
8. Conducting or coordinating the conduction and rehearsal of choirs, including distribution of music.
9. Conducting congregational singing.
10. Communicating effectively with pastoral staff and choir members.
11. Identifying, recruiting and integrating talents of the congregation, choirs and community to enhance worship experience through music.
12. Reviewing and managing the budget in regard to music ministry.
13. Overview the upkeep and maintenance of musical instruments.
14. Identifying audio needs for singers and instrumentalists.
15. Conduct an annual survey of the congregation for suggestions for the music program.
Applicants can send resumes via email to email@example.com